A decade ago, yoga saved my life.
And since yoga is like cleaning the kitchen floor -- you can't just do it once -- everyday I practice it continues to save me.
I was certified in Vinyasa Yoga at Laughing Lotus in San Francisco and deepened my knowledge in Prenatal Yoga through certifications with Mia Borgata at Lila Wellness and Deb Flashenberg at the Prenatal Yoga Center of NY. I mentored with Iyengar teacher Nikki Costello.
My classes are infused with meditation and mind/body/breath strengthening techniques, which I have absorbed through my work as an actress, singer, and figure skater. I am drawn to the connection between Yoga and self-care — especially how the practice plays a part in digestive and neurological health.
I would love to share my practice with you.
Hi! I'm LILY...
TRAINING, BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE
YOGA SPECIFIC TRAININGS
- 200 hr Vinyasa Certification with Dana Flynn and Jasmine Tarkeshi, San Francisco, CA
- Mentorship w/ Nikki Costello
- Prenatal Training w/ Mia Borgata (Lila Wellness), NYC
- Prenatal/ Postnatal Training w/ Deb Flashenberg (Prenatal Yoga Center), NYC
- 10 month Anatomy Studies (Skeletal, Muscular, Practical) w/ Jason Ray Brown (Anatomy Studies for Yoga/Movement Specialists, Zenyasa), NYC
- Basic Thai Massage w/ Renee Rice (Lotus Palm Thai Massage, Integral Yoga), NYC
- Pranayama (area of interest and self-study)
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra (area of interest and self-study)
NON-YOGA MOVEMENT and THERAPEUTIC EXPERIENCE
- As an actor I have trained in Feldenkrais, Viewpoints, Contact Improv, Lucid Body.Chakra Method and Intuitive movement methods .
- As an actor I have trained in Linklater and Fitzmaurice Voice Methods.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner
-T rained singer (through college)
- One-on-One Mentor for women struggling with eating disorders, anxiety, and body image issues
- Vedic meditation practitioner
- Advanced Figure Skating experience/testing through the United Figure Skating Association (UCSF)
- I have taught private sessions for over 3 years. My passion and talent really lies in teaching one-one and small group sessions.
- I work with clients ranging in age from newborn (who join mom for postnatal yoga) to late 80s.
- I work with clients with chronic injuries and physical limitations.
- I work with healthy athletes who want to balance their hectic training schedule.
- I have supported clients through pre-post breast cancer surgery and other medical procedures.
- I have supported clients through situations ranging from: emotional grief, IVF treatment (and successful pregnancy and birth), life transitions (like work retirement/ career change), to jet-lag.
OTHER RELEVANT TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Voice, Movement and Acting teacher for the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival Children's acting classes, San Francisco, CA
- Outdoor and Team Building Leader for Mohr's, Explorer's, After School Program, NYC
- Teacher for Child's Play Acting Classes, NYC